Be careful when it comes to standard form agreements – they can be changed.
There are various standard form agreements which include indemnification clauses that tend toward being Limited Form Clauses such as AIA and AGC. The standard practice is if you are going to receive a contract with changes there should be also be a summary provision noting those changes. This video reviews passive negligence vs. active negligence and statutory limitations on indemnification.
Durazzo, Eckel & Hawkins, PLLC
- Partner in the office of Durazzo, Eckel & Hawkins, PLLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of construction law and business law (both litigation and transactional work)
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous construction law matters, employment law and business practices
- Author of several articles regarding construction law and presenter at CLE classes, Seminars and Workshops on indemnification, construction contracts and other matters
- Taught a seminar “Employment Law for Construction Attorneys” at 2018 National Conference of National Subcontractors Association
- Advised trade organizations regarding statutory indemnification reform in Arizona
- Arizona Construction Bar Section Board of Directors
- J.D. degree, James E. Rogers College of Law, University of Arizona
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 520-792-0448
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.