Will coverage be broad enough?
There are very few types of buildings that don’t lend themselves to wrap-ups. Civil contractors tend to have a large portion of self-performed work so it doesn’t make a lot of sense to wrap-up a single contractor that’s probably really good at what they do and have the right corporate policies in place. However, commercial buildings, industrial and residential buildings should take on the considerations of choosing a wrap-up. You need to understand what is being built, where it’s being built, how it’s being built and what the appetite is for risk transfer. An OCIP may not always be the right solution. This video reviews different types of contracts that can be used, as well as the impact on contractor relationships.
Michael B. Lapicola
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Partner in the law firm of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- National construction law practice, representing project owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers, lenders and sureties in dozens of states across the United States
- Provides daily consultation to clients regarding procurement, licensing, liens, bonds, insurance, indemnity, delays, defects, changes, payment, termination and other construction project matters
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business — Construction, 2011-16
- Frequent speaker and has written several publications
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Northwestern University School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Brigham Young University
- Can be contacted at 303-607-3680 or [email protected]
- Currently a Senior Risk Manager for Gilbane Construction
- More than 30 years of experience in the risk management, insurance, and construction industries
- Is a National Risk Management resource
- Provides a rounded and measured advisory service, which includes contract review, risk transfer method, captive utilization, claims advice, and senior leadership consulting for program construction
- B.A. degree, North Park University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.