Understand your company’s exposure to liability.
Failure to include supplemental pay in the regular rate when calculating overtime payments may open the employer up to costly litigation. Violation of the FLSA for failure to properly calculate the regular rate to include supplemental pay not only opens the employer up to backpay damages but potentially to liquidated damages (i.e., double damages) as well. Some states even provide for triple damages. This video reviews case law analysis of supplemental pay and discusses training on compliance with FLSA rules on supplemental pay.
Jerilyn E. Gardner
Gardner Law Firm, LLC
- Founder of Gardner Law Firm, LLC
- Extensive background in wage and hour law
- Lead or co-counsel on FLSA litigation throughout the country, including large-scale collective action cases
- Contributing author for the FLSA Midwinter Report published by the American Bar Association and BNA Books, 2016–present
- Clerked on both the Georgia Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- J.D. degree, University of Pittsburgh; B.S. degree, University of Georgia
- Can be contacted at [email protected], 404-383-0992, or www.gardnerjlaw.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.