Why do you need to comply with HIPAA?
If you violate HIPAA you could end up in jail. If employers or others obtain or disclose protected health information from a covered entity without authorization there could be fines and penalties and jail time put in place. More often the civil penalties are what can really hit hard. The state attorney general can bring lawsuit which can hand out $25,000 fines per violation, as well as fees and costs. This video reviews HIPAA enforcement and entities subject to HIPAA; as well as use and disclosure rules.
Kim C. Stanger
Holland & Hart LLP
- Partner in the office of Holland & Hart LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of health law, including regulatory compliance, risk management, health care transactions, and defense of individual and institutional providers in administrative and civil litigation
- Frequent speaker at local, regional and national conferences for health care providers, and the principal presenter of the firm’s monthly health law webinar series
- Frequent author on health law related topics, including national publications and the firm’s regular health law alerts
- Adjunct professor, Health Law, Boise State University
- Member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association Health Law Section
- Best Lawyers in America—Health Law since 2011; Lawyer of the Year—Health Law, 2014
- J.D. and B.A. degrees, Brigham Young University
- Can be contacted at 208-383-3913 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.