Make sure you understand what your CGL policy covers.
The most common insurance policy that construction professionals think of when involved in a project is called either a commercial general liability insurance policy or a comprehensive general liability insurance policy. The basic concept of this type of insurance is that it provides broad coverage for accidental occurrences that result in personal injury or property damage to third parties. It typically does not cover intentional torts, defective construction itself, or consequential damages. The better way to think of what this type of insurance covers or doesn’t cover is that it doesn’t cover business risk – which is typically time, and time is money in construction. This video reviews CGL property damage or bodily injury, policy period and triggers, exclusions involved in construction claims, subrogation, and notice and other requirements.
Michael Jay Rune, II
Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Shareholder in the Miami office of Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Practice emphasizes construction, surety, and insurance law and related litigation since 1997
- Lectures on issues important to the construction industry; and co-author of Liability and Performance Bond Surety in The Law of Performance Bonds (ABA 1999)
- Can be contacted at 305-539-7231 or [email protected]
Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Attorney in the Miami office of Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Focuses practice on commercial and construction litigation, where she represents developers, contractors, material suppliers, and design professionals in disputes involving construction defect claims, delay claims, construction lien issues, and contract disputes
- Member of several professional and civic organizations
- Can be contacted at 305-539-7417 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.