Learn best practices for telephone outreach campaigns.
When it comes to compliance best practices, some states might require that you maintain policies and procedures for calling. One of the reasons for this best practice is that there is a safe harbor under federal law for do not call violations. If your company maintains a written policy to prevent calling numbers on the do not call list when you are not otherwise allowed to do so and inadvertently make a call to one of those numbers, that safe harbor is there for you. This video reviews calling technologies that constitute an autodialer and discusses whether or not new approaches such as ringless voicemail and push-notifications are covered by the telemarketing/texting rules.
Ellen T. Berge, Esq.
- Partner at Venable LLP’s Advertising and Marketing Practice Group
- Counsels large, nationally-branded companies, smaller entrepreneurs and not-for-profit organizations in all aspects of telemarketing law compliance, regulatory law enforcement and private litigation
- Frequent writer and speaker on regulatory developments, compliance requirements, law enforcement priorities and litigation matters related to telemarketing rules and regulations
- Member of the Brand Activation Association, Electronic Transactions Association, and Merchant Acquirers Committee (MAC)
- Clients include major brand advertisers and marketers in various retail industries, direct-to-consumer sellers, lead generators, fulfillment companies, payment processors, and others involved in the sales and marketing of products and services
- Recognized by Legal 500: Advertising and Marketing, 2019; Recipient of Corporate INTL magazine Global Award: Advertising Law – Attorney of the Year, Washington, DC, 2016
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law; B.A. degree, University of Virginia
- Can be contacted at 202-344-4704 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.