The construction completion commitment has been around since before the recession but wasn’t utilized much and is considered a fairly new component.
Recently the construction completion commitment has come into much more integrated use since the recession has ended and more projects are on line. Essentially the construction completion commitment states that if the contractor fails to perform and is terminated, the partner will make arrangements to complete the project and notify all parties, investigate all claims and provide management, administration, and oversight services. This video reviews this component as well as problem solving suggestions.
Joseph (Joey) Bonin, Jr.
Partner Engineering and Science, Inc.
- Atlanta-based principal at Partner Engineering and Science, Inc., headquartered in Torrance, CA
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of commercial real estate due diligence, but especially construction risk management and bond alternative programs
- Conducts regular seminars, webinars, and workshops on construction risk management to members of RMA, NAGGL, AAHOA, GLQC, FLAGGL, and other groups
- Involved in hospitality, multifamily, retail, office, restaurant, resort, condo, student housing, medical, senior living, golf course, marina, warehouse and other commercial construction projects throughout all 50 states, Canada, Mexico, American Samoa, and the Caribbean, including Grenada, Puerto Rico, and Antigua
- Member of RMA (Risk Management Association), NAGGL (National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders), AAHOA (Asian American Hotel Owners Association), GLQC (Georgia Lenders Quality Circle), FLAGGL (Florida Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders) and ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers)
- B.S. degree in accounting and M.S. degree in marketing, Louisiana State University
- Can be contacted at 404-852-3767 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.