There is a three-headed monster with respect to employment laws.
Those heads are represented by federal laws, state laws, and more and more municipal ordinances. There are at least eight municipalities around the state of California that have enacted their own sick leave ordinances. Some have an ordinance that is specific to the hospitality industry. This video reviews national paid sick leave laws, who is considered an employee under these different ordinances, and federal paid sick leave for construction contractors.
Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
- Partner with Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
- Practices in all areas of employment law, including unlawful harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, employee classification, and wage and hour
- Has been practicing law for more than 30 years and is a frequent speaker on numerous employment issues, including leaves of absence
- Chairman of the Inland Valleys Employer Advisory Council
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.