Make sure your in-house or outside counsel reviews the travel policy before sharing with employees to ensure you are in compliance with state laws.
One important area to consider is to make sure your policies are properly written and that any travel is authorized by the company using some type of system in place for travel approval. This video reviews a sample travel policy that covers approval of travel, payment of travel, transportation and mileage expenses, and air and automobile travel. Our speaker also discusses forms and tracking employee travel as well as overtime for travel.
Jackie A. Sexson
- Compliance and HR leader
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Experience as an attorney with an HR background in employee relations, performance man-agement (360-degree feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies, and small startup companies
- Held director and executive-level positions, and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 334-274-3007
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.