Review the five most common workplace types of bias.
From affinity bias and gravitating to people like ourselves; to perception bias and forming stereotypes and assumptions about groups that make it impossible to objectively judge the individuals; there are several types of unconscious bias that people deal with every day. This video reviews the different types of unconscious bias and how to minimize unconscious bias in the workplace with awareness training.
Julie A. Proscia, Esq.
- Equity Member, Amundsen Davis LLC
- Represents many public sector/municipal employers in traditional labor and employment issues including municipalities in labor disputes, negotiations, grievances, ULP defense, and arbitration
- Practice represents public and private sector employers in federal, state, and administrative venues including a trial practice in federal and state court, as well as at the Illinois Human Rights Commission, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Labor Relations Board, and Department of Labor
- Assists a substantial number of not-for-profits with traditional employment issues, as well as the issues that arise before 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) organizations
- Provides training in board policies, procedures, development, and counseling a defense
- Conducts seminars on numerous topics
- Author of several publications for the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Illinois Municipal League Review, USLAW Magazine, and Muller & Co. Newsletter
- Member of the Illinois State Bar Association, National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) (past instructor), Northern Illinois University PHR-SHRM Certification (past instructor), Dupage SHRM
- J.D. degree, Northern Illinois University College of Law; M.A. degree, Eastern Illinois University; B.A. degree in European history, Eastern Illinois University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 630-587-7911
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.