What are common tools and strategies that are available for field inspection?
There are common industry tools that are used for conducting condition appraisals, including nondestructive testing (NDT). While it is not the only tool, NDT has a wide array of techniques that can be used that can answer many different questions about concrete structure’s strengths and weaknesses. This video reviews why you should and shouldn’t use NDT, other tools, including metal detectors, covermeters, and thermography; and discusses specialized corrosion tests and strength and quality tests.
R. Brett Holland, Ph.D., P.E., S.E.
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- Senior Staff II – Structures at Simpson Gumpertz & Heger, Inc., a 500-person consulting engineering firm with headquarters in Waltham, MA
- Registered Engineer in AL, IL, MA, NY, and TX
- Experienced in the development of high performance concrete (HPC) mix designs for specialized durability or strength requirements
- Experienced in the implementation of specialty concrete performance in design and construction
- Experienced in precast concrete production and troubleshooting assignments
- Experienced in condition assessment, repair, and rehabilitation of existing concrete structures including historic stadiums, parking garages, and transportation structures
- Author of several publications related to the design, durability, and performance of HPC concrete
- BSCE, MSCE, and Ph.D. from Georgia Institute of Technology
- Active member of the American Concrete Institute, including: Associate Member Committee 201 – Durability of Concrete; Associate Member Committee 236 – Material Science of Concrete; Voting Member Subcommittee 318-A – Structural Concrete Building Code: Concrete Materials and Construction
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.