Attorneys disproportionately suffer from substance abuse disorders and mental health problems.
Disorders and mental health problems include anxiety, substance abuse, depression, gambling addiction, and eating disorders. Addiction is defined as a chronic, relapsing brain disease that is characterized by compulsive drug seeking and use, despite harmful consequences. It is considered a brain disease because drugs change the brain; they change its structure and how it works. These brain changes can be long lasting and can lead to many harmful, often self‐destructive, behaviors. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fifth edition has diagnostic criteria to help determine if you or someone you know is struggling with a mental health problem.
Meredith S. Heller
Law Office of Meredith S. Heller PLLC
- Principal, the Law Office of Meredith S. Heller PLLC
- Practice emphasizes criminal defense and professional responsibility
- Frequent speaker at CLEs on substance abuse and the profession, as well as professional ethics, generally
- Member of NYS Bar Association’s Task Force on Lawyer Wellbeing (chair, Emotional Wellbeing Subcommittee)
- Member of the New York City Bar Association (former chair, Professional Responsibility Committee; former chair, Lawyers Assistance Program Committee), New York State Bar Association (member of Professional Discipline Committee), New York Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, and Federal Bar Council
- J.D. degree, Cardozo Law School; M.A. and B.A. degrees, Case Western Reserve University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.