The effect of global climate change on natural disasters is undeniable.
Hurricanes are far and away the largest cause of property insurance losses and it is only getting worse. Insurance companies across the world agree that global climate change is having an impact on the insurance market. The biggest issue that arises out of natural disasters is how to determine coverage when there are multiple causes for the loss. Was the damage caused by wind, water, or both? And what happens when civil authority evacuates businesses – how does the lost business income get addressed?
Reed Smith LLP
- Partner in the Chicago office of Reed Smith, LLP in the Insurance Recovery Group, named by US News – Best Lawyers as the Law Firm of the Year for Insurance Law in 2017
- Ranked in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2007-2017) in Insurance Recovery
- Co-chair of the Property Insurance Subcommittee of the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association Section of Litigation
- Co-author of Chapter 45 of NEW APPLEMAN ON INSURANCE LAW LIBRARY EDITION: & “Additional and Supplemental Coverages”
- Represents and advises a large retail company and a major oil and gas company on all aspects of their insurance coverage programs, including first-party property insurance
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.