More and more employees are performing work away from the work site.
Time recording systems are designed to track time at a work site however it is being realized that many employees perform work away from the work site. More and more lawsuits are being brought about because oftentimes this time is not tracked or reported. You have to think about time systems not only in terms of punch clock systems, or systems that will track while you are at the work site itself. You have to think about ways of capturing other types of time where people might not be where a system is set up. This is considered an exception time keeping system. Remember, there is often electronic evidence of the work employees perform away from the work site that can utilized.
Patrick M. Madden
K&L Gates LLP
- Partner and former co-chair of the Labor and Employment and Class Action Practice Groups at K&L Gates LLP
- Advises employers on wage and hour payment and compliance and compensation plan design
- Assists employers responding to agency investigations; and represents employers in wage and hour, discrimination, and other employment lawsuits at the state and federal levels
- Worked on hundreds of state, regional, and national wage and hour class actions, including lawsuits involving wage calculation and payment issues, entitlement to overtime and benefits, off-the-clock claims, challenges to exempt status, and claims to employee status
- Listed as a top labor and employment attorney in The Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, a super lawyer in Washington Law & Politics, a Washington State litigation star by Benchmark Litigation, and a leading employment lawyer in Seattle Business and Seattle Metropolitan magazines
- Frequently speaks, writes, and testifies on wage and hour and wage payment issues
- J.D. degree, with highest honors, University of Washington School of Law, where he was managing editor of the Washington Law Review; B.F.A. degree, Pacific Lutheran University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.