Stay aware of impact pricing within change orders.
Three major areas of impact costs include delay, acceleration and inefficiency. There are some legal considerations that need to be understood. The legal standard regarding damages calculations is easy to state, but sometimes difficult to implement. What does that really mean? The costs for delay, acceleration and inefficiency are real costs that a contractor incurs when these sorts of impact arise. They need to be recognized. This video discusses the different impact costs and the inefficiency factor calculation.
Scott Lowe, P.E.
Trauner Consulting Services, Inc.
- Principal with Trauner Consulting Services, Inc.
- Expert in critical path method scheduling, construction claim preparation and evaluation, dispute resolution, development specification, contract administration, and cost analysis
- Recognized as a national expert regarding specifications, and procurement and contracting methods for the construction industry, particularly in the areas of innovative delivery, procurement, and contracting methods
- More than 30 years of experience in the engineering and construction industry
- Served as a lecturer and presenter at national industry conferences and workshops on these topics
- Has facilitated meetings and workshops to discuss and implement changes in contracting policies and procedures to manage risk and improve performance
- Past chairman of the Construction Management Association of America’s time management committee which developed CMAA’s Standard of Practice and Procedures for Time Management
- Co-wrote the books, Construction on Contaminated Sites and Construction Delays: Understanding Them Clearly, Analyzing Them Correctly
- Registered professional engineer in more than 10 states
- Graduate, Northwestern University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.