What is content editing?
Content editing is where one looks at tone, fairness, courtesy, and requirements. In content editing, we are looking for the meaning of what we have said, not whether it is grammatically correct. This type of editing can enhance your writing to make sure you’re getting your point across and that there is no miscommunication in your writing. This video will review rules for word choice, comma splicing, and writing in active vs. passive voice.
Thomas M. Eaton, Ed.D.
Eastern Wyoming College
- A career writer, educator and grammarian, working primarily in written communication skills, development and online learning techniques
- His career has spanned 23 years in secondary, community college, and postsecondary/graduate school training in writing and education
- Has expanded his research and study into the open market to assist companies in facilitating strong writing skills and writing skills training programs in order to help employees manage their responsibilities in external and internal communications, serving as a mentor, advisor, and presenter within both the academy and the open market
- Received the 2019 Meritorious Education Award from Vinnytsia State Pedagogical University, Ukraine, for his international online teaching in American, Ukrainian, Russian, and Polish literature, spanning nine years as a visiting U.S. professor to Ukraine
- His work was recognized by the 2017 International Science Congress on pedagogy and special needs learning collaboration, following his three year tenure as a master's thesis reviewer for the School of Graduate Studies at Southeast Missouri State University; mentoring students and evaluating thesis for authenticity and theory in the completion of their master's projects from all disciplines
- In terms of engaging HR and recruiting, he served three years as a writer for Recruiter.com, discussing issues within the field of hiring, as well as having served on various editorial boards, including Bedford-St. Martin™, McGraw-Hill™, and Pearson™ as a textbook reviewer/editor for written communication textbooks
- He currently works with colleges in an online environment as a course developer and outsources privately to companies as an advisor in assisting HR and recruiting entities in reducing and mediating stress, incorporating federal, state, and corporate policy, and in improving communications between contributor/applicants and the company, or in developing online training courses for employee integration
- Certified through the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law as a civil mediator and is licensed as a 6-12 ELA teacher in his native Wyoming
- His doctoral work stems from educational leadership and policy analysis, with a specific focus on policy determination meaning (analysis) and statistical data-to-narrative interpretation to assist companies and clients in reaching new audiences through a written medium
- M.A. degree in rhetoric and composition, with a focus on prelaw argument development; B.A. degree in English; B.S. degree in secondary English education
- Can be contacted at [email protected] and https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmeaton
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.