Changes to individual tax reform were largely temporary but that’s not the case for business income tax reform provisions.
Most of the provisions for business income tax are permanent. Business tax reform, in many respects, was the primary driver for enacting tax reform. The key provision, or main goal, for tax reform was a reduction of the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21%; in addition to other items that were designed to stimulate investment through immediate expensing. Many of the tweaks and changes were largely a result of raising revenue to offset the expense of reducing the corporate rate. This video reviews the corporate tax rate, cost recovery, interest expense and partnership deduction.
McDermott Will & Emery
- Partner in the Washington, D.C. office of McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of U.S. and international tax, and tax controversy
- Experienced with U.S. and international tax issues relating to multi-international corporations
- Represented taxpayers before the U.S. Tax Court, Court of Federal Claims, and the U.S. Senate
- Admitted to the District of Columbia Bar
- J.D. degree, Duke University School of Law; B.A. degree, Brigham Young University
- Can be contacted at 202-756-8777 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.