Who is a business associate?
Anyone that you allow to look at medical records automatically is considered a business associate. From a summer intern to a student that wants to shadow a job that they are interested in striving for, a business associate agreement needs to be signed to ensure compliance. It is your responsibility as an employee and as an individual to make sure all parties are keeping compliance standards.
Paul Szklarski, MBA, FACHE
Salartash Surgical Associates
- Administrator, Salartash Surgical Associates
- Consulting partner in TransNational Business Solutions in New York City
- Practice is focused on compliance in the areas of ICD 10, HIPAA, revenue cycle, Stark laws, and practice acquisitions and sales
- Conducting seminars since 2003 in the area of HIPAA, leadership, management, finance and communications
- Recent whitepaper “Solvency Crisis in United States Hospitals”
- Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Chair, Health Industry Resource Group
- M.B.A. degree in health and medical services administration, Widener University; B.A. degree in criminology, Temple University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.