The IRS has given many provisions to expense everything except for buildings.
Tax savings strategies for commercial real estate includes cost segregation studies and 179 expensing. Real estate investments companies are faced without incentives and they have a longtime expensing of their assets; however, there are options for planning for buildings and recapture. This video reviews the goal of cost segregation and depreciation, the types of personal property identified for reclassification, and what is involved in a cost segregation study.
Dawn Polin, CPA
- Senior manager, credits & accounting methods in Cherry Bekaert’s specialty tax group
- Focuses primarily on cost segregation studies, energy studies, and recently implemented tangible property regulations, as well as the federal and multistate taxation of closely-held and private equity/venture capital-owned companies
- More than 18 years of experience
- B.B.A. degree, University of Georgia; M.Acc. degree, University of Florida
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 919-782-1040
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.