What types of damages are available in the event of a breach?
Damages are an important part of construction contracts. It’s often one aspect that parties don’t think a lot about and may not receive the compensation that they are looking for. This video reviews several types of construction contract damages, including compensatory, incidental, liquidated, equitable and exemplary. Our speaker also discusses what the components are of these damages and how to prove them and what is recoverable.
Brandon G. Hummel
Hummel Law Group
- Founder and owner of Hummel Law Group and focuses his practice in commercial litigation, con-struction law, insurance coverage litigation and counseling (for policyholders), real estate law, and land use law
- Experienced litigator representing all parties on construction projects with respect to enforcement and defense of mechanics lien and bond claims, enforcement and defense of construction defect and delay claims, assertion and defense of breach of contract claims, and resolution of insurance coverage disputes
- Peer selected as a Leading Lawyer in commercial litigation, construction law, and real estate law by Law Bulletin Publishing in 2019 and 2018 and an Emerging Lawyer by Law Bulletin in the same disciplines in 2015, 2016, and 2017
- 2017-2019 Lorman Platinum Distinguished Faculty Member
- J.D. degree, Northwestern University School of Law; B.A. degree, The Johns Hopkins University
- Can be contacted at 312-599-2806 or [email protected]
Mark B. Grzymala
Grzymala Law Offices, P.C.
- Principal of Grzymala Law Offices, P.C. and focuses his practice in commercial litigation and construction law
- Represents a variety of clients from the small business owner to Fortune 500 companies
- Experienced litigator representing all players on a construction project with respect to mechanics lien foreclosures, bond claim enforcement, construction defects and delays, breach of contract, and consumer fraud
- Named as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine in 2016, and as a Super Lawyer in construction litigation for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Frequent speaker on construction law issues and author of several articles on contractor rights
- Member of the ABA Construction Law Forum and Charter Fellow of the Construction Lawyers Society of America
- J.D. degree, Chicago-Kent College of Law; B.A. degree, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Can be reached at 847-920-7286 or grzymalalaw.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.