You had a breach and handled the technical aspects … but what about your brand reputation?
In 2017, a study was done regarding the impact of data breaches on reputation and share value. The companies that had breaches experienced an average stock price decline of 5% immediately following the disclosure of their breach; and some saw a stock decline that lasted more than 90 days. This video reviews the result of that study and factors that impact the costs of a breach.
Brett R. Harris, Esq.
Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
- Business, nonprofit and technology attorney, shareholder in the Woodbridge, New Jersey office of Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
- Has a corporate transactional practice, focusing on counseling charities and foundations on their exempt status, governance and compliance, and also handles intellectual property and cybersecurity matters
- Member of the Legal Working Group for the Center for Nonprofits, an umbrella organization for New Jersey 501(c)(3)s providing advocacy, resources, training and information to strengthen nonprofits and help them thrive
- Appointed in March of 2020 by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a trustee of The IOLTA Fund of the Bar of New Jersey
- Serves as general counsel to the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, immediate past chair of the Business Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, a trustee of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Women in the Profession Section, and a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Bylaws and Resolutions Standing Committee
- Named as one of the Top 25 Leading Women by Leading Women Entrepreneurs & Business Owners in 2019 and one of NJBIZ Magazine’s Best 50 Women in Business in 2012
- Member of the Nonprofit Forum Steering Committee of Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey
- Can be contacted at 732-855-6122 and [email protected], or follow her on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter @BrettHarrisEsq for posts on business and nonprofit matters, technology law and issues of interest to professional women
Michelle A. Schaap, Esq.
Chiesa, Shahinian & Giantomasi PC
- Founding member of Chiesa, Shahinian & Giantomasi PC’s Privacy & Data Security
- Counsels clients on cybersecurity preparedness, data security, and risk management practices, and trains companies on best practices for security procedures, incident response, and serves as breach counsel
- Served as co-director of the Nominations Committee of New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, 2020-2021, and as President 2018-2019
- Recognized as NJBIZ Leaders in Law, Privacy, 2021 and awarded the CIANJ Best Practices Award, 2019
- Awarded The Best Lawyers in America®, Privacy and Data Security Law, 2020-2022
- Recognized as New Jersey Law Journal’s 2018 Top Women in the Law, selected as a fellow by the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, received Corporate Insider Excellence in Technology Award – New Jersey, 2017, named Professional Lawyer of the Year Award – New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law, 2017, and named as one of NJBIZ Magazine’s Best 50 Women in Business, 2011
- Frequently sought out as a speaker and industry resource, including the energy, customs, construction, and legal industries, and regularly writes on privacy and cybersecurity as it impacts businesses
- Can be contacted at 973-530-2026 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.