You had a breach and handled the technical aspects … but what about your brand reputation?
In 2017, a study was done regarding the impact of data breaches on reputation and share value. The companies that had breaches experienced an average stock price decline of 5% immediately following the disclosure of their breach; and some saw a stock decline that lasted more than 90 days. This video reviews the result of that study and factors that impact the costs of a breach.
Brett R. Harris, Esq.
Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
- Business, nonprofit, and technology attorney, shareholder in the Woodbridge, New Jersey office of Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, PA
- Admitted to practice in the states of New Jersey and New York
- Has a corporate transactional practice, focusing on counseling charities, foundations, and other nonprofits on their exempt status, governance, and compliance, and handles intellectual property and cybersecurity matters
- Member of the Legal Working Group for the Center for Nonprofits, an umbrella organization for New Jersey 501(c)(3)s providing advocacy, resources, training, and information to strengthen nonprofits and help them thrive
- Appointed by New Jersey Supreme Court as a Trustee of The IOLTA Fund of the Bar of New Jersey, currently serving as Treasurer
- Serves on the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, chairing the Chapter’s Government Relations and Advocacy Committee and is a Member of the Steering Committee for the Nonprofit Forum of Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, serving as co-chair of the Grants/Charitable Giving Committee and previously General Counsel to the Association; director and past chair of the Business Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association; trustee of the New Jersey State Bar Association Women in the Profession Section; member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Bylaws and Resolutions Standing Committee and member of the American Bar Association’s Women Rainmakers Committee
- J.D. degree, New York University School of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, Washington and Jefferson College
- Follow her on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter @BrettHarrisEsq for posts on business and nonprofit matters, technology law, and issues of interest to professional women
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 732-855-6122
Michelle A. Schaap, Esq.
Chiesa, Shahinian & Giantomasi PC
- Founding member of Chiesa, Shahinian & Giantomasi PC’s Privacy & Data Security
- Counsels clients on cybersecurity preparedness, data security, and risk management practices, and trains companies on best practices for security procedures, incident response, and serves as breach counsel
- Served as co-director of the Nominations Committee of New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, 2020-2021, and as President 2018-2019
- Recognized as NJBIZ Leaders in Law, Privacy, 2021, and awarded the CIANJ Best Practices Award, 2019
- Awarded The Best Lawyers in America®, Privacy and Data Security Law, 2020-2022
- Recognized as New Jersey Law Journal’s 2018 Top Women in the Law, selected as a fellow by the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, received Corporate Insider Excellence in Technology Award – New Jersey, 2017, named Professional Lawyer of the Year Award – New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law, 2017, and named as one of NJBIZ Magazine’s Best 50 Women in Business, 2011
- Frequently sought out as a speaker and industry resource, including the energy, customs, construction, and legal industries, and regularly writes on privacy and cybersecurity as it impacts businesses
- Can be contacted at 973-530-2026 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.