What is a bond?
A surety bond is not an insurance policy. A surety bond is a guarantee, in which the surety guarantees that the contractor will perform the “obligation” stated in the bond. This white paper reviews the surety-principal relationship and general indemnity agreements.
David B. Raymond, Esq.
Husch Blackwell LLP
- Partner in the office of Husch Blackwell LLP and a member of the Construction & Design Industry Sector Group
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of construction transactions, construction claims analysis and avoidance, and arbitration and litigation of construction related disputes
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous topics
- Super Lawyers of Missouri and Kansas, Construction Litigation/Business, 2017
- J.D. degree, University of Missouri; M.B.A. degree, Rockhurst University; B.S.M.E. degree, University of Missouri
- Can be contacted at 816-983-8156 or [email protected]
Joshua B. Levy
Husch Blackwell LLP
- Member of Husch Blackwell's Real Estate, Development & Construction team
- Represented clients for more than 29 years in construction disputes and claims
- Practice focused on the complete array of construction services and litigation and provides contractors, designers, owners and developers with tremendous experience and knowledge in all areas of construction
- Trains companies in his own version of best practices he has named Breachless Execution and the Breachless program implements the Law in Action approach taught at the University of Wisconsin Law School
- Helps clients and industry groups appreciate the benefits realized if all parties to a project understand their obligations, execute their responsibilities, collaborate on problem solving and minimize the disruption caused by disputes
- Founding member of Husch Blackwell's Construction Academy, has worked to develop the academy from a series of annual events to a comprehensive knowledge center
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.