Take a look at the legal framework.
The basic idea behind a charitable remainder trust is to disburse income to the beneficiaries of the trust for a certain amount of time and then the remaining balance goes to the charity specified. Charitable remainder trusts need to have five key elements – watch this video for a review of those elements and the tax characteristics of retained income interest.
William R. Hayes
Hayes & Wilson, PLLC
- Managing partner at Hayes & Wilson, PLLC in Houston, Texas
- Specializes in estate planning, probate, guardianship, elder law, and charitable giving
- Frequent speaker on estate planning and disability planning
- Board certified in estate planning and probate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- President’s Award, Houston Bar Association
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- J.D. and B.B.A. degrees, Southern Methodist University
- Can be contacted at 713-880-3939 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.