Management’s discussion and analysis is considered required supplementary information.
The components of a government’s financial statements under GASB 34 are management’s discussion and analysis, basic financial statements, notes to the financial statements, and required supplemental information (other than MD&A). This video reviews MD&A requirements, government-wide financial statements, and statement of net position and activities.
Warren Ruppel, CPA
Marks Paneth LLP
- Managing director with CBIZ Marks Paneth, part of a Top Ten accounting firm
- Author of CCH’s Knowledge-Based Audits of Not-for-Profit Organizations; Wiley’s Not-for-Profit Accounting Made Easy; and Not-for-Profit Audit Committee Best Practices
- Former assistant comptroller of accounting for the city of New York, with overall responsibility for the city’s accounting and financial reporting
- Served numerous public sector not-for-profit and government audit clients earlier in his career with KPMG and Deloitte & Touche
- Former board member and chair of the audit committee of the New York State Society of CPAs
- Appears quarterly as the government specialist on the CPA report distributed by SmartPros
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.