Use pitfalls for purposes of identifying problems with the contract itself.
There are many different pitfalls that could befall a project with GMP contracting. From issues with the scope of work and importance of original bid package; notification and valuation of extra; and disputes over definition of cost; to the stepping down GMP concept to subcontractors; and the designer’s unwillingness to relinquish control. This video reviews several pitfalls of GMP contracts and how to avoid them.
Scott R. Halloin
Halloin Law Group
- Shareholder with Halloin Law Group
- For 28 years his practice has focused on complex commercial and residential construction disputes, including contract disputes, code compliance, delay claims and design disputes
- Regular speaker on the Actual and Discrete Cost Method, Total Cost Method, Modified Total Cost Method, and modifications to the Total Cost Method
- Wrote a Wisconsin Construction Design Law, which was included in the American Bar Association's State-by-State Guide to Construction and Design Law
- Regular speaker at continuing legal education seminars on construction issues, including “Guaranteed Maximum Price Contracts,” “Managing Construction Projects,” “AIA Construction Contracts,” and “Managing Construction Claims”
- Licensed to practice in Wisconsin and Illinois
- J.D. degree, Northwestern University School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Lawrence University
- Can be contacted at 414-732-2424 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.