Lack of training of procurement staff and customers, and lack of enforcement is often problem number one.
By allowing people to do confirming orders and get reimbursed, the vendor could look at that person as your agent assuming whatever they buy is for your company; and because they got paid it appears that that person is authorized for purchasing which can create a problem for your organization. This video reviews other pitfalls in procurement policies and the importance of keeping your staff well educated.
Kenneth M. Jones
- Procurement specialist (part-time) providing training to new procurement staff at the University at Albany, SUNY
- Has trained many university staff on state procurement rules and regulations as well as the Research Foundation for SUNY (a non-profit organization) rules and regulations working with various granting agencies
- Provided procurement procedures, training, and transactional review for a research foundation for a SUNY grant-funded procurement team in Nairobi, Kenya
- Established online ordering processes with vendors ranging from office supplies to lab supplies
- More than 30 years of experience working in the public and nonprofit procurement field
- Previous purchasing experience included procuring commodities, services, and construction for the departments on campus
- Conducts regular seminars, webinars, and workshops on various procurement topics
- Past purchasing assistant for the New York State Office of Taxation and Finance
- Can be contacted at 518-875-6854 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.