Have a solid process for audit controls to avoid problems down the road.
If there is going to be a manual adjustment made to your employee’s paycheck – inform the employee prior to processing to allow the employee to prepare for the adjustment and also ask questions about the adjustment. On the chance you were informed to make this adjustment in error, you still have time to fix before processing. This video reviews the importance of understanding that taking time to review payroll reports prior to processing can save both you and your employees a lot of stress.
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Purposed Payroll Professional
- President, Purposed Payroll Professional
- Human capital management consultant that focuses on payroll and human resources best practices and regulatory compliance audits
- Conducts regular webinars on all topics related to human capital management and payroll processes, regulatory compliance, and best practices
- Regular contributor to Paytech Magazine
- National speaker for the American Payroll Association, Payroll Certification Study Group Leader, and Human Resource Certification Study Group Leader
- Bachelor of Science in Management Studies, minor in psychology, University of Maryland University College
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.