Make sure you are using checklists.
Checklists and payroll, HR and accounting all have to work together to process payroll. HR has a bigger role at the hiring stage and after that you want to include your accounting department when processing payroll. You may have a special circumstance, such as paying out PTO time, or doubling an employee’s deduction on a particular pay – using a checklist to help create a new batch to capture these special changes will be incredibly helpful. This video reviews how checklists can be beneficial with your payroll processes.
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Purposed Payroll Professional
- Purposed Payroll Professional
- Over 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through the American Payroll Association (APA), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, and a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Member of the National Speakers Bureau for the National American Payroll Association (APA) and a contributing writer for Paytech Magazine
- Serves as the treasure of a York County Pennsylvania Non-Profit Association
- Involved locally through the Susquehanna Valley Chapter of the American Payroll Association, having served in various roles on the board of directors and as a contributor to the certification study groups
- B.S. degree in management studies, University of Maryland University College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.