Longstanding disputes in the courts have been resolved with Rule 502.
Rule 502 was designed to deal with the issue of unnecessary costs associated with litigation and to protect the inadvertent waiver of privilege as a result of insufficient review and related issues. One of the reasons litigation has become so expensive is because of electronic discovery. It used to be that writing a letter was a big deal but now email can be sent very quickly. As a result there is a vast volume of communications between parties to litigation and there are things store in the database that normally wouldn’t have been kept or even possibly wouldn’t have been written down because it was more difficult with paper and typing things out.
John A. Snow
Parsons Behle & Latimer
- Attorney with Parsons Behle & Latimer, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Practice consists of general civil litigation, including commercial, professional malpractice, construction, and insurance coverage and defense
- Designated in The Best Lawyers in America as Lawyer of the Year in litigation, real estate, and construction law; and designated in the areas of practice of legal malpractice defense, commercial litigation, and construction
- Designated in Utah Business magazine’s Utah Legal Elite in the areas of business and civil litigation and construction law, and as a Super Lawyer in the Mountain States in Super Lawyer Magazine
- Ranked in Chambers USA for Utah in general commercial litigation
- Chair of the Ethics Advisory Opinion Committee of the Utah State Bar
- Can be contacted at 801-536-6772 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.