Recognize the need for an investigation.
If you have knowledge that a workplace policy may be at issue, or if you suspect discrimination, harassment, or retaliation on the basis of a protected characteristic, an investigation is recommended even without a formal complaint. This video reviews the objectives in conducting an investigation and discussing when a complaint is really just whining.
Stephanie K. Rawitt
Stephanie K. Rawitt, Attorney at Law
- Senior Claims Specialist at Markel Insurance
- Responsible for handling management liability claims for select client accounts from initiation of the claims through to their conclusion
- Analyzes coverage issues, investigates claims, and facilitates settlement and resolution of the claims
- Worked as employment counsel for 25 years, where she provided legal services and advice on employment matters to a variety of clients, including hospitals, medical practices, retirement communities, assisted living facilities, home health care companies, public entities, nonprofit organizations, private businesses, colleges, universities, and corporations
- Worked specifically with human resources departments to create, manage, and maintain the most current employment policies and procedures
- Counseled employers on issues concerning statutory compliance with employment laws, such as the ADA, Title VII, the ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, Form I-9 compliance, and state wage laws
- Has significant experience in handling employment-related liability matters, including wage and hour claims, wrongful termination, grievance claims, discrimination, sexual harassment, federal civil rights claims, federal and state statutory claims (Title VII, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, PHRA), and related tort claims
- Based upon extensive experience, offers training programs on a full range of employment matters
- J.D. degree, Northeastern University School of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, Syracuse University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.