Learn the importance of front desk and frontline workers to have a practical, workable understanding of HIPAA’s Privacy and Data Security standards.
Roughly half of all U.S. health care workers are frontline health care workers including medical assistants, patient navigators, community health workers, registration professionals, and other access care workers. Per HIPAA there are certain rights a patient has at point of service that a frontline health worker is responsible for handling. This includes sharing or restricting flow of information to friends and/or family members, inclusion or exclusion from a patient registration directory, and acknowledging receipt of a notice of privacy practices. This video reviews the information that HIPAA protects and discusses things that HIPAA expects a frontline worker to know.
Leslie Bender, CIPP/US, CCCO, CCCA, IFCCE
Clark Hill PLC
- Senior counsel at Clark Hill PLC, a multidisciplinary, international law firm that draws on our attorneys’ comprehensive industry and policy knowledge and a global network of industry advisors and subject-matter experts to provide innovative legal solutions and client-service excellence worldwide
- An articulate corporate author and engaging trainer with more than 30 years of experience handling compliance, regulatory, transactional, and legal matters for hospitals and financial services companies
- Recognized as a national expert on HIPAA and other information privacy and security laws, she was one of the first privacy officers internationally accredited as a Certified Information Privacy Professional
- In addition to being an attorney and government/regulatory relations specialist, she is an experienced mediator
- Frequent motivational speaker and compliance educator and has been honored for her contributions to the consumer financial and health care industries by several credit, collections, health care, and banking associations as well as the U.S. Small Business Administration
- J.D. degree, University of Notre Dame; undergraduate degree, Northwestern University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.