The aggregates that go into asphalt and concrete must be of good quality.
Physical quality requirements can be divided into five distinct groups, including absorption, abrasion resistance, angularity, soundness, and restrictions on deleterious constituents. Some contracts may specify a unique gradation or aggregate. This video reviews basic ingredients, mix information and testing information.
Kenneth M. Justice, P.E.
National Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- Senior director of local paving for the NRMCA, promoting the use of ready mixed concrete for parking lots and related flat work
- Promotes the use of soil cement and full-depth reclamation (FDR) of pavements with cement
- Works closely with A/E firms, municipal and agency officials, contractors, ready mixed concrete producers, and industry personnel
- Formerly the promotion director for New Jersey and Delaware with the Portland Cement Association Northeast
- More than 25 years of experience as a civil engineer and engineering project manager, most recently for AECOM, one of the largest consulting engineering firms in the country
- Specialized in the design and construction administration of runways, taxiways, aircraft parking aprons, and vehicular parking lots, as well as other related civil engineering applications such as roads, storm drainage, erosion control planning, and environmental planning
- Registered professional engineer in North Carolina, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania
- LEED® accredited professional since 2006
- M.A. degree in civil engineering, North Carolina State University; B.S. degree in civil engineering, Villanova University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.