Learn why timing of when to make a motion for summary judgment is crucial.
To succeed on a motion for summary judgment, a moving party must typically establish that there are no genuine disputes as to any material facts, and the movant is entitled to judgment as a matter of law. If this standard is met, it would obviate the need for a trial. This video reviews who can make motions for summary judgment and why the timing of when to make a motion is critical and provides a brief overview of the trial and appeal process of a will contest.
Steven H. Holinstat
Proskauer Rose LLP
- Co-Head of Proskauer Rose LLP’s Fiduciary Litigation Group
- Proskauer has received Tier One Rankings for Trusts & Estates Litigation by U.S. News Rankings
- Has a broad and diverse background in all aspects of high-stakes commercial litigation
- One of the firm’s principal fiduciary litigators and is the lead litigator in a number of high-net-worth trust and estate matters and has developed a reputation for being adept at intervening and resolving challenging interfamily disputes before they escalate into full-blown litigation
- Aggressive and experienced trial lawyer; he has handled cases before federal and state courts around the country and numerous arbitrations before JAMS, the American Arbitration Association, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (formerly the National Association of Securities Dealers, or NASD), and the International Chamber of Commerce
- Published articles and lectured domestically and internationally on topics in the field of fiduciary litigation
- Fellow of ACTEC (the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel)
- Member of the Surrogate’s Court Committee of the NYS Bar Association and the Litigation Committee of the NYC Bar Association
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.