What are some of the pitfalls of using big data or collecting big data?
Consumer information or consumer privacy issues are at risk. Big data collects all sorts of information on consumers or constituents including names, addresses, and in some cases social security numbers, banking information, etc. Faulty use of data is a huge risk and you want to make sure that you aren't using data incorrectly. When collecting this huge amount of information, the question to ask is how do you harness it to get the information that you need and avoid duplicate information and other pitfalls. This video reviews shallow data, data bias and making incorrect assumptions about data and discusses when used correctly, the endless possibilities that data analytics can provide.
- Partner at Holly Lane Consulting
- Specializes in business finance and operational assessments with a focus on nonprofits, small-medium businesses and government agencies
- Certified instructor for the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) finance budgeting, cash flow, and reporting for investment real estate
- Conducts regular seminars and workshop on business, finance, and team building
- Author of several articles on finance and leadership; published in Police Magazine, Women in Law Enforcement, Campus Safety Magazine, GovLoop Featured Blogger, NextGen, the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy for Leadership Development, and West Sound Home and Garden Magazine
- Member of the Institute of Real Estate Management
- Holds the Certified Property Manager designation
- B.A. degree in business administration and finance, Idaho State University
- Can be contacted at 208-521-2639 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.