For employers, mental health conditions can be more challenging than physical impairments or disabilities.
Mental health conditions can require more long?term treatment than most physical injuries. For example, the expected median disability duration for lingering depression with anxiety is 26 days while the median disability duration for a lumbar sprain is only 10 days. You can see the disparity between the times involved. This video explains the changes to the ADA, the expanded coverage of the ADAAA and EEOC regulations, and defines intellectual disabilities under the ADA.
Frank C. Morris, Jr.
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Senior Partner in the employment law practice in Washington, D.C., and co-chair of the ADA and Public Accommodations Group for the national law firm of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Speaker on the ADA and employment law to the judicial conferences for the federal judges of the Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Eleventh Circuits
- Adjunct professor at the George Washington University Law School
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America and the Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, and Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Top-Rated Lawyers
- Represents and counsels employers and public accommodations nationally in employment, labor, leave, and disability matters
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.