Learn about the contracting officer’s rights to inspect or audit a contractor's records.
Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, if there is a contract that is cost?reimbursement, incentive, time?and?materials, labor?hour, or price redeterminable, or any combination of these, the contracting officer has the right to audit the records. The right to exam can also include an inspection of the contractor’s plant that is part of performing the contract as well. This video reviews the rights the contracting officer has to make an inspection or an audit and discusses audits by the DCAA and the OFCCP.
Alston & Bird LLP
- Partner in the Los Angeles office of Alston & Bird LLP
- 18 years of experience resolving construction and government contracting disputes
- Advises companies on the unique procurement and contracting policies and procedures contained in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and associated agency supplemental regulations and equivalent state procurement rules, on compliance with and negotiation of government contracts, and on the standards for the protection of classified information
- Recently recognized in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Presented Alston & Bird Coronavirus webinar, The Road Ahead: Keeping Up with the Regulatory Onslaught and Forbearance Agreements
- J.D. degree, Mercer University; B.A. and B.M. degrees, Furman University
- Can be contacted at 213-576-1057 or [email protected]
Alston & Bird LLP
- Associate in the Los Angeles office of Alston & Bird LLP
- Represents construction industry professionals in contract negotiations and in litigation related to construction dispute claims
- Provides transactional and compliance counseling to federal, state, and local government contractors
- Published Final FAR Council Rule Expands the Scope of GIDEP Screening and Reporting and Effectively Mandates GIDEP Membership for Covered Contractors, Alston & Bird Government Contracts Blog, December 2019
- J.D. degree, University of Southern California; B.A. degree, University of California, Irvine
- Can be contacted at 213-576-1032 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.