Out with the old, in with the new.
During, the Obama administration, The National Labor Relations Board had never been more of an activist in its entire existence. They went after things that the board had never previously been involved in and cracked down. In almost any NLRB charge case, expect them to ask for a copy of the employer’s handbook and when they analyze the employee handbooks, they are taking a very restrictive view. They will issue a complaint even for unenforced handbook provisions. Watch this video for details on the next wave of out with the old and in with the new.
Burton D. Garland, Jr.
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Shareholder at Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Employment practice includes litigating employment discrimination matters under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Federal False Claims Act, and the various state counterparts to these federal laws
- Practice includes union avoidance counseling and campaigns, elections, objections to elections, R-Case strategy and litigation, collective bargaining, strikes and injunctions, arbitration, and unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board
- Practice includes advising clients on employment-related matters and drafting personnel policies, employment contracts, severance agreements, and employee handbooks
- J.D. degree, St. Louis University School of Law; M.B.A. degree, St. Louis University; B.S.B.A. degree, University of Arizona
- Can be contacted at 314-802-3953 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.