Understand the rules regarding Roth IRAs and Roth 401(k)s and why they should be part of your strategy.
Developing an effective retirement plan to meet individual savings objectives is complicated. Different rules apply to different types of plans and accounts, and these rules are frequently confused and misunderstood by clients and advisors, causing unexpected or negative consequences. Understanding the advantages Roth accounts have in retirement planning strategy is important, yet it is often overlooked because of the confusion and complexity. This course will help you understand the rules regarding Roth IRAs and Roth 401(k)s and why they should be part of your strategy. Learn how to determine who can contribute directly to Roth accounts and who needs to look for backdoor solutions. This material will also help you identify pitfalls that could jeopardize a tax-free conversion, help you ask the right questions, and provide the right advice regarding the taxable portion of a conversion. In addition to exploring the rules regarding getting money into Roth accounts, we will explore the why and identify the ideal candidates for Roth investments.
Mary Mlock, CPA
- Partner in charge of BST Retirement Services with 30 years of experience
- Focuses practice on employee benefits, and expertise includes design, implementation consulting, and administration of defined contribution plans and other employee benefit plans
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Siena College
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or www.bstco.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.