Learn what is not considered wages by the IRS, thereby exempting those monies from FICA tax.
Learn what is not considered wages by the IRS, thereby exempting those monies from FICA tax. This information will be beneficial to you in helping reduce employer liability for FICA taxes on money that is not wages. You already know that any cash or noncash remuneration received for employment, unless specifically exempt, is considered wages subject to the FICA tax. This material will examine the importance of determining whether wages are not FICA wages. Learn about the various wages that are not considered FICA wages, how to classify those non-FICA wages, and their effects on retirement benefits. Recent litigation issues will also be discussed to help you determine what should be considered non-FICA wages.
Jackie A. Sexson
- Compliance and HR leader
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Has a legal and HR background in employee relations, performance management (360-degree feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies, and small startup companies
- Held director and executive-level positions and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 334-274-3007
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.