Understand the types of risks addressed by insurance and the advantages and disadvantages of those three options.
Owners and contractors have been subject to increased litigation arising from risks created by construction operations. However, due to changes in the insurance market, contractors are increasingly challenged to secure insurance coverage to meet owner insurance requirements. As a result, many owners have turned to incepting an owner-controlled insurance program or relying on a contractor-controlled insurance program to address the project risks.
This course will arm you with an overview of the types of risks typically addressed by insurance and a review of the advantages and disadvantages of the three options of insuring those risks: traditional insurance, owner-controlled insurance, or contractor-controlled insurance. Whether you have ongoing maintenance projects or you are planning to build a large project, this material will equip you with an understanding of your options for managing those project risks.
- Currently a Senior Risk Manager for Gilbane Construction
- More than 30 years of experience in the risk management, insurance, and construction industries
- Is a National Risk Management resource
- Provides a rounded and measured advisory service, which includes contract review, risk transfer method, captive utilization, claims advice, and senior leadership consulting for program construction
- B.A. degree, North Park University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.