Gain a fundamental understanding of business valuation strategies, issues, and challenges.
This topic is a great starting point for those seeking to learn about this premium-priced service for clients. This program is beneficial for both novices seeking an overview of the valuation discipline as well as seasoned professionals wanting a review. The topics presented elaborate upon the critical approaches used in valuation, the vetted research databases commonly employed by seasoned professionals, and the various types of reports issued by valuators. Whether advising clients on estate and gift taxation, mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy, or other commercial activities, financial professionals and attorneys are faced with having to understand and assess business valuation issues. For instance, it is not uncommon for attorneys to hire outside experts to assist them with their cases without fully grasping the methods and assumptions used by these specialists. Since the field of valuation is as much art as science, the program seeks to provide enough fodder to equip attorneys and other financial professionals with the knowledge needed to ask the right questions about the ongoing business valuation. Lastly, attendees will learn to identify the major report-writing pitfalls.
Joel DiCicco, CPA, ICVS-A, BCA, CFF, PFS, CGMA
Florida Atlantic University
- Full-time faculty member at Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business Executive Programs where he teaches graduate-level accounting and finance courses
- Co-founder and partner at the Center for International Business Valuation (CfIBV), a global valuation, training, and consulting organization
- Specializes in the fair value of complex derivative instruments
- Member of the Florida Institute of CPAs’ Editorial Board Committee and the Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards Committee
- Credentialed in valuation (International Certified Valuation Specialist and Business Certified Appraiser), financial forensics (AICPA Certified in Financial Forensics), financial planning (AICPA Personal Financial Specialist), and management accounting (AICPA Chartered Global Management Accountant)
- Ph.D. degree focusing on public budgeting, finance, and tax policy; and a master’s degree in taxation and finance
- Can be contacted at 954-547-2908 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.