Learn to determine the value of such gifts and services as well as the financial statement implications.
Many nonprofits receive noncash gifts in the form of gifts-in-kind and donated services. It is important for organizations to accurately determine the values of such gifts and to present them appropriately within the financial statements. How do you know the value of these types of contributions? When should they be reported, when can they not be reported, and what are some options in presentation? This course will help the persons responsible for accepting donations, identifying various types of donations, and recording donations to better be prepared for gifts-in-kind and donated services. After this presentation, you will have more confidence in your abilities to determine the value of such gifts and services as well as the financial statement implications. This program will enable organizations to determine if donations are appropriate and ensure that they are properly valued and presented in accordance with FAS 116 and ASU 2020-07.
Eric Hittle, CPA
Silver Spring Accounting LLC
Eric R. Hittle
- Helping charitable nonprofits and associations achieve their missions by providing accounting and advisory services
- Lorman Education, UST Education, American Society of Association Executives, Aronson LLC webinars
- Multiple blogs and videos published
- AICPA, Center for Nonprofit Advancement, Maryland Nonprofits
- B.S Microbiology, M.S. Cell and Molecular Biology, Master of Professional Accountancy
- [email protected], 240-679-5881
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.