Learn more about the pitfalls in sales and use tax compliance and obtain the tools needed to minimize sales and use tax exposure.
Identifying and mitigating use tax exposure requires an understanding of sales and use tax laws and a critical evaluation of purchase and sales invoices and other business records for hidden dangers. Use tax compliance requires meticulous maintenance of documentary evidence of a transaction and guides the proper application of tax. Evaluation and retention of invoices, contracts, and accrual workpapers is essential for ongoing, accurate compliance. Hidden dangers lurking in seemingly innocuous invoices can cost companies significant liabilities under audit. Examining shipping terms, defined shipping points, the nature and description of services performed, transaction sourcing, nexus implications for proper tax application, statements of tax, and the rates of tax charged is essential. Of equal importance is ensuring that the invoices and other documents setting forth the form of the transaction accurately reflects the substance of the transaction, or the agreement between the parties. Gain a greater understanding of sales and use tax compliance pitfalls and gain the tools to put this knowledge to work in minimizing your businesses' and clients' sales and use tax exposure.
Christina A. Mondrik, Esq., CPA
Mondrik & Associates
- Founder of Mondrik & Associates, www.mondriklaw.com
- Board certified, tax law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Represents taxpayers in resolving state and federal tax controversies and litigation
- 2019 - 2020 chair, Tax Section, State Bar of Texas
- J.D. degree, with honors, University of Texas School of Law; B.B.A. degree, accounting, University of Texas
- Can be contacted at 512-542-9300 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.