Gain an understanding of drafting use clauses in retail leases so that you can employ precision in drafting and ensure that the intent is accurately reflected in the lease.
Exclusive use, cotenancy and radius restriction clauses within retail leases are some of the most controversial and litigated. Without precise drafting, these clauses can create difficulty for all parties, often resulting in expensive litigation and the court's interpretation of the language, that may not have comported with the intent of either the landlord's or tenant's. This topic will provide guidance on drafting use clauses in retail leases so that the parties can employ precision in their drafting and ensure that the parties' intent is accurately reflected in the lease. Special emphasis will be on recent case law, using examples from the cases to avoid future ambiguity in drafting. Any person drafting or reviewing a retail lease would benefit from this information.
Larry N. Woodard
- Partner of real estate practice group of the Chicago office of Honigman LLP
- Practice emphasis in all areas of real estate law, including commercial real estate transactions, real estate development, joint ventures, real estate-based lending, loan workouts, foreclosures, construction law and mechanics liens
- Represents Fortune 500 companies, developers, regional and national banks, institutional investors, special servicers, higher education institutions, units of local government, REITs, contractors, landlords, tenants, receivers and real estate brokers
- Noted speaker and writer on a variety of real estate topics
- Completing acquisition, economic incentives, leasing and complete redevelopment of 1.6 million square food corporate headquarters
- Recently completed one of the largest investments of Chinese capital in the country
- Publishing a treatise on reciprocal easement agreements and vertical subdivisions
- Adjunct professor of law, The John Marshall Law School
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and the American, Illinois State and Chicago Bar Associations
- J.D. degree, LL.M. and B.S. degrees in real estate, University of Illinois and The John Marshall Law School
- Can be contacted at 312-701-9331 or [email protected]
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.