Gain an understanding of the proper updates and documentation to maintain wills, trusts, and estate plans.
Effective estate plan documents enable your client to direct the most efficient transfer of assets after their death. They can also address periods of incapacity and long-term care issues. But how do you know which your client needs, and how do you ensure the estate plan remains effective and up to date? In essence, a proper estate plan is very important. However, due to life events, changes in assets, and laws, they can fail if not kept up to date. Therefore, you need to fully understand these documents and what might make them become obsolete in order to effectively counsel your clients.
This topic helps the practitioner understand key events that trigger estate planning updates. This content also explains steps to take in each unique client situation to maintain proper estate planning documents. As a result, you will be able to more effectively counsel your clients. This information is a critical foundation to building and maintaining a successful estate planning practice.
Vanessa M. Terzian
- Partner at Lagerlof, LLP
- Specializing in estate planning, trust administration, and probate
- Adjunct professor of trust and wills, Southwestern Law School
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015 - 2017
- Wrote “Trustee’s, Executors and Beneficiaries”, published by the Institute for Preparing Heirs
- Active member of the California State Bar and member of the Trusts and Estates section
- J.D. degree, dean's honors and recipient of dean's full tuition academic scholarship, Loyola Law School; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, UCSD
- Can be contacted at 626-683-7234, [email protected], or lagerlof.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.