Learn the ins and outs of the FMLA's communications requirements and related ADA considerations.
This topic will cover the necessary communications from employees to notify employers of the need for leave, leave changes, and leave status; and from employers to address FMLA rights, notice, leave administration, and ADA reasonable accommodation considerations. Many employers routinely describe compliance with the FMLA as somewhat, or very difficult, with respect to communications requirements and proper documentation, especially when ADA issues overlap. This topic will review communications requirements at each stage of the FMLA process, and how the ADA may add to and complicate the analysis and communications needed. The material will include how to evaluate and improve FMLA and related ADA policies and practices to meet communications requirements and current practices.
Christopher M. Cascino
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Of counsel with Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Focuses his practice on helping employers faced with class or collective actions litigate to a successful conclusion
- In connection with litigation, offers practical advice to mitigate future risks
- During his more than 10 years of practice he has helped clients faced with FMLA retaliation, FLSA, ADA, and Title VII claims brought by current and former employees in, among other things, the logistics, health care, tech, retail, and restaurant industries
- J.D. degree, Harvard Law School; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, University of Notre Dame
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.