Learn what information and documents are necessary to mount a successful defense and where to obtain them.
Many practitioners are called upon to handle a UM or UIM claim and have little to no experience with them. Handling these first-party claims against an insurance carrier can be tricky because specific statutory laws apply. Most attorneys' practices are not solely devoted to auto injury law, and most insurance carriers no longer have claims adjusters physically located in the state where the claim is made. They may not be familiar with the specific nuances of insurance law as it pertains to uninsured and underinsured motorist liability coverage. You will obtain concise and detailed information regarding everything you need to know to handle a UM or UIM case from start to finish. You will learn what information and documents are necessary to mount a successful defense, where to obtain them, what the carrier expects from you, and an update on recent UM and UIM cases.
Michael M. Harrison
Friday, Eldredge & Clark, LLP
Michael McCarty Harrison
- Partner in the law firm of Friday, Eldredge & Clark, LLP
- Focuses her practice on insurance defense and coverage, products liability, medical malpractice, personal injury defense, transportation litigation, fire/arson investigation, and defense and appellate advocacy
- Selected to the Mid-South Super Lawyers List since 2013
- Published author and presenter
- J.D. degree, University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law; B.A. degree, University of Arkansas
- May be contacted at 501-370-3324 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.