Gain an insight into the EEOC's goals for the coming years and what to prepare for.
This course will provide a comprehensive overview of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's role in workplace discrimination law. You will learn about the recent developments in its enforcement and litigation strategies. This material will focus on the latest trends based on expert practitioner insight and analyze the data to identify the impact the agency's newly released Strategic Enforcement Plan will have on employment matters in the year to come. This course is a definitive source of information on the EEOC's operations for human resource executives, benefits and payroll administrators, business owners, and corporate counsel seeking to stay updated on the Commission's practices and upcoming initiatives.
Gerald L. Maatman, Jr.
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- A Chambers-recognized absolutely phenomenal class action defense litigator of 40 years, a six-time Law360 Employment Law MVP, nine-time recipient of BTI Consulting Group’s distinguished Client Service All-Star, and a 2021 Legal 500 Hall of Fame inductee
- Based out of Seyfarth Shaw’s Chicago and New York offices
- Among various cases, successfully defended the largest EEOC pattern or practice lawsuit ever prosecuted in the history of the Commission, the largest age discrimination collective action ever brought in Illinois, and the first sexual harassment class action brought by a State Attorney General in the United States
- Has authored the annual Workplace Class Action Report, a one-of-a-kind go to research and resource guide for businesses and their corporate counsel facing complex litigation, for nearly two decades, and is the lead author of the annual EEOC-Initiated Litigation Report
- Graduate, Washington & Lee University; graduate, Northwestern University School of Law, where he is an adjunct professor
Jennifer A. Riley
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- •Partner at Seyfarth
- •Confronts and successfully navigates the challenges posed by the most complex litigation matters and defends companies embroiled in class actions, collective actions, and other types of representative proceedings
- •For more than two decades, she has defended companies faced with significant complex litigation matters
- •Regularly defends companies facing class actions, collective actions, pattern or practice lawsuits, and other types of representative proceedings, ranging in size from dozens to tens of thousands of claims
- •Works on the forefront of the developing law in an ever changing arena
- •Regularly develops strategies for navigating some of the largest challenges faced by corporate America today and counsels employers confronted with a range of complex employment law theories that span from claims of discrimination or sexual harassment to myriad types of alleged wage & hour violations
- •Regular speaker and presenter regarding developments in the law and challenges on the horizon
- •Strives to stay abreast of trends and changes in the employment litigation space
- •Has represented clients facing bet-the-company cases in a wide range of complex civil litigation matters in federal and state courts across the country
- •Has served as trial counsel in federal court bench trials, jury trials, and arbitration proceedings
- •Has successfully defended a multitude of actions by securing dismissal, defeating class or collective action certification, prevailing on summary judgment, and structuring and securing approval of complex and multiparty settlements and consent decrees
- •Routinely counsels employers to navigate thorny employment issues, including through investigations and terminations
- •JD, University of California, Berkeley School of Law, Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law, associate editor, National Trial Advocacy Competition Team; BA, Vanderbilt University, Magna cum laude
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.