Understand the role HR plays within the organization and gain the proper skills to be successful.
Human Resource (HR) professionals are uniquely positioned to play a very active role in cultivating an organizational culture where teamwork is not only possible but can thrive. Without effective teams, there wouldn't be effective organizations. After all, people are the backbone of every organization. Therefore, every prospering organization needs an HR section that knows how to build and maintain quality teams. Creating a great team environment is about reconciling individual temperaments and work styles to get the most out of each contributor and the team. HR must play a pivotal role in ensuring that teams are working towards common goals.
HR managers are in charge of recruiting, interviewing, training, motivating, rewarding, and measuring performance. When HR develops a comprehensive employee experience that includes team-building strategies that align with an organization's purpose, brand, and culture, the organization will flourish. It is through all of these elements that HR helps to empower teams at all levels to become cohesive, functional, and effective. This requires strategic thinking, planning, and implementation from HR professionals. Excellence is not achieved in isolation. Excellence is created through the merging of people's differing talents and strengths. This course will focus on best practices and practical strategies for how HR can impact team development throughout every aspect of the organization. This material will help HR professionals expand their strategic impact on the organization and contribute to building a better workplace through stronger teams.
Larry Hammond, Sr.
- Principal with V1H Consulting
- Through his workshops, strategy sessions, and keynote addresses, he focuses on helping organizations that are stuck in the way it has always been done and thinking without ever achieving true satisfaction to transform
- By producing an organizational culture that creates a contagious leadership environment, he helps them to achieve maximum performance, increased employee retention, and heightened employee engagement
- More than 20 years of senior leadership, coaching, training, and development experience
- Mentor in business, marketing, sales, human resources, entrepreneurship, and leadership in public agencies and community organizations
- Facilitated management and employee feedback sessions
- Coaches leaders and managers in public and private industries around team building and culture development
- Developed, delivered, and evaluated a variety of training seminars; including customer service, change management, strategic planning, leadership development, and public speaking
- Provided leadership training to Leadership Pasadena, a leadership program that empowers, inspires, and connects leaders who strengthen a diverse community
- Designed, developed, and delivered management and leadership programs for managers in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors that helped clients improve employee and organizational performance
- Certified in Managing Organizational Change (MOC)
- 34 strong certified strengths coach
- M.A. degree in public administration, The Tseng College; graduate, international, at California State University, Northridge; B.S. degree, Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA; completed graduate courses in public administration, Catholic University, Washington, D.C., and in information technology, University of the District of Columbia
- Can be contacted at 626-379-4108 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.