Understand the benefits of automatic enrollment and the compliance issues that may affect it.
Studies show that implementing automatic enrollment is one of the most effective ways to increase participation and improve nondiscrimination testing. This course will describe the benefits of automatic enrollment, give a primer on automatic enrollment administration, and provide an update on recent legislation and compliance issues affecting automatic enrollment. The material will also explain the automatic enrollment structure and differences between general automatic contribution arrangements (ACAs), eligible automatic contribution arrangements (EACAs), and qualified automatic contribution arrangements (QACAs).
Adam M. Zuidema, Esq.
Stevens & Lee
- Attorney in the Employee Benefits Group of the law firm Stevens & Lee, which is among the 250 largest law firms in the country and the cornerstone of The Stevens & Lee Companies
- Focuses his practice in the area of employee pension benefit plans, including the drafting, design, compliance, and administration of single employer, multiple employer, and multiemployer plans
- Routinely advises clients with respect to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Code and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) for all types of employer-sponsored retirement plans, including profit sharing, 401(k), 403(b), governmental 457(b), employee stock ownership, money purchase pension, and traditional defined benefit plans
- Regularly assists clients with correcting plan operational issues through governmental correction programs and with navigating Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor retirement plan audits and investigations
- Member of the American Bar Association, Lancaster Bar Association, Berks County Bar Association, and Lancaster Society for Human Resource Management
- J.D. degree, Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law; B.A. degree in political science, Case Western Reserve University
- Can be contacted at 610-478-2155 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.